Our book-review program is simple. When we have a new book available for review, you’ll receive an email announcement about the book, author, and current promotion. Feel free to sign up for those book tours that interest you and ignore those that don’t. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll receive a second email closer to the tour date with all the blog tour “goodies” (book info, author info, promotional materials, and schedule) and a chance to interview the author and/or give away a copy of the promoted book. Each tour comes with a schedule, a fun contest, and heaps of exposure.
Policies and Procedures
By signing up for a Litfuse tour, you are agreeing to post:
(1) a thoughtful review* on your blog, including the provided HTML code (if applicable), during your chosen date of the scheduled tour**.
(2) a review on consumer websites (including, but not limited to Amazon, Goodreads, and Barnes and Noble).
(3) a 2-3 sentence snippet from your review on the tour’s landing page.
- When signing up for a book, please note the genre to make sure it is a book you are likely to enjoy reading. We will only send out books that you request, and we want to make sure you don’t have to read and review books you don’t think you will enjoy.Also look to see if the book is a part of a series. We will note where a book falls in the series in case you have not read previous releases and want to catch up before reading and reviewing the book on tour.
- Every book requested (and approved for) must have a post made during the blog tour. Even if you feel you are unable to give a book a glowing review, we ask that you at least post the HTML code, a Q&A, and/or book summary on your assigned day.The only exception to not posting during a tour is not receiving the book. Please notify email@example.com on the first day of the tour if you still have not received your book.
- For each tour, you will be able to sign up for the post date of your choice. A post is required to be made on your chosen day, and all posts must be made by the last day of the tour.
If you are not able to get your post up by the last day of the tour, you will have one week to post your review on your blog before your review being noted as “missed.” If you miss your review during the regularly scheduled tour dates, you will only be able to request one new book at a time until you are caught up on all of your reviews and have been posting on-time for three months. After three missed tours, you will be removed from the Litfuse program.
We do understand that sometimes things come up that might mean your post date needs to be adjusted. Whenever possible, please schedule your post ahead of time at least to include the HTML code and summary information provided on the Litfuse site. If a major event or circumstance will prevent you from posting by the end of the tour, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.
*Please see our Dos and Don’ts of a good review.
**Litfuse reserves the right to change tours dates due to circumstances beyond our control.
With some tours, you do have the option to give away a copy of the promoted book during the tour dates (please send the winner’s information to email@example.com). If you choose to host a giveaway, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure giveaway copies are available. Note: All giveaways are subject to Litfuse Rules and Regulations.
How to Participate in a Blog Tour
(1) On your chosen date during the tour:
Post a review, including the HTML codes (if applicable), on your blog.
Leave your review on consumer websites (Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, etc.).
Post your snippet on the Litfuse landing page (including your link to your blog review).
(2) When you receive your book for the tour, be active! Tweet, post on Facebook, and upload a photo on Instagram to share about the upcoming tour. Tag with #LitfuseReads.
IMPORTANT: In all online features and comments, you must disclose you received the product(s) complimentary to review.
NOTE: If you are going to be unable to post or schedule your review on your chosen date, please email Christen (email@example.com) for further instructions. Failure to post during the tour can result in removal from the Litfuse Blogging Program.
What is a snippet?
A snippet is a short excerpt from the review you posted on your blog. When posting your snippet from your blog, we ask that you post 1–3 sentences from your review on what you thought of the book. The snippet should be your opinion or thoughts on the book rather than a summary of the storyline or description of what the book is about.
Grab the Button. Copy the Code.
We have created a button for Litfuse nest bloggers to add to your blog sidebar. Let the world know you’re partnering with us to spread the word about great Christian books! You can find the button and necessary HTML code below.
<a href="http://www.litfusegroup.com/join-the-flock" target="_blank"><img border="0" alt="Join the Flock! Litfuse Publicity Group blogger" src="http://litfusegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/litfuse-blogger-button.png"/></a>
<a href="http://www.litfusegroup.com/join-the-flock" target="_blank"><img border="0" alt="Join the Flock! Litfuse Publicity Group blogger" src="http://litfusegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/litfuse-blogger-button2.png"/></a>
<a href="http://www.litfusegroup.com/join-the-flock" target="_blank"><img border="0" alt="Join the Flock! Litfuse Publicity Group blogger" src="http://litfusegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/litfuse-blogger-button3.png"/></a>
<a href="http://www.litfusegroup.com/join-the-flock" target="_blank"><img border="0" alt="Join the Flock! Litfuse Publicity Group blogger" src="http://litfusegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/litfuse-blogger-button4.png"/></a>
<a href="http://www.litfusegroup.com/join-the-flock" target="_blank"><img border="0" alt="Join the Flock! Litfuse Publicity Group blogger" src="http://litfusegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/litfuse-blogger-button5.png"/></a>